I have a house under contract and need an inspector. How do I choose one?
Questions? > I have a house under contract and need an inspector. How do I choose one?
Your real estate professional can help you with this decision. If, however, you would rather choose on your own, ask these questions:
- Is the inspector credentialed with ASHI (American Society of Home Inspectors)?
- Are they current in their accreditations?
- What type of education and experience do they have with homes comparable with yours?
- You want to choose someone that you are confident communicating with.
- Will they satisfactorily answer all of your questions?